Design & Development
Ruff Robot is an independent game/software development studio located on the Sunshine Coast, Australia. Dedicated to crafting immersive digital
experiences and pushing the boundaries of interactive entertainment.
Hi, I'm James - an end-to-end Unity Developer with a keen interest in ideation, conceptualisation, and the fast-paced nature of the startup
world. I specialise in building out small to medium-sized projects from the seed of an idea all the way to a fully realised product, primarily
for the mobile platform. My ability spans across every stage of project design and development, ensuring a seamless and consistent workflow.
While I primarily operate as a solo developer, I maintain a small network of reliable and skilled collaborators, enabling me to scale up on
projects as required. Whether it's a small independent project or a larger, deadline-driven initiative, I have the capability to bring ideas
to life in a timely manner.
With a rich background in the agricultural, aviation, and trucking industries, I can also bring a unique perspective to projects in these sectors.
• Mobile game genres including hyper-casual, simulation, puzzle, strategy, racing, board, card, adventure and education.
• Augmented Reality for games & interactive spaces. Body tracking, interior mapping and gps location-based experiences.
• GPT-4 prompt engineering, AI-driven game development and Unity integration (editor & runtime).
• Vehicle controllers for aircraft, motor vehicle, watercraft, railed, machinery and custom designs.
• Traditional game AI for multiplayer characters, npc’s, crowd, vehicles and traffic.
• Environment design including procedural level generation, real-world terrain data and atmospheric dynamics.
• UI/UX design and game meta (collectables, store fronts, upgrades, skins/themes).
• Integration of 3rd party SDKs and APIs.
• Website design, development and hosting.
• All aspects of development: from initial concept & prototype through to post launch support.
• Cross-platform development for mobile (iOS and Android), desktop (macOS and Windows) and web.
• App submissions for iOS App Store, Google Play and Microsoft Store (UWP).
• Standalone builds for macOS and Windows, as well as AWS hosting for WebGL apps.
Thanks for stopping by!
- Still learning, still growing -
Ruff Robot Pty Ltd
At Ruff Robot Pty Ltd (Australian Business Number: 70 620 556 907) (defined here as ‘We’ or ‘Our’), We value your comments, suggestions
we have gathered about you in relation to our games and software, (“Games” and “Software” which terms includes the associated websites).
This policy will let you know:
• What information (often referred to as ‘data’) is collected from you;
• How your information is used;
• With whom your information may be shared;
• How you can access, update, or delete your information.
We will comply with all relevant and applicable legislative requirements, and, in the event of any inconsistency, the legislative
requirements will override the provisions of this document.
User Age Limits
Our games, our software and our website are not aimed at children under 13 years of age. We do not collect information, nor do we direct
interest-based advertising to anyone under the age of 13 years.
If you believe that we have inadvertently collected information from a person under the age of 13, please contact us at the email address
below and the information will be permanently deleted.
What data do we collect?
We collect data in three ways:
• 1/ Data collected automatically;
• 2/ Data you provide us; and
• 3/ Data collected by our partners
1/ Data collected automatically
Certain data is collected automatically. This includes:
• Data about your game progress;
• Data about your device, such as device name and operating system, browser type and language;
• Data about your use of the Service, such as gameplay data and your interactions with other players inside the Service; and
• Your IP address and mobile device identifiers (such as your device ID, advertising ID, MAC address, IMEI). Please note, there
are ways to block this, which are outlined below.
2/ Data you provide us
We collect and store your email when you sign up for our newsletter, or where you nominate to specifically allow our games to collect your
player name and your email. We will also keep your contact details if you contact us for a particular purpose.
3/ Data we collect from our third-party partners
To operate and manage our services we need to use third party service providers from time to time. A list of those parties can be found in
this privacy policies. The type of information we might collect from them includes:
• Data we receive if you link a third-party tool with the Service (such as logging in via Facebook, or Google);
• Demographic data (to determine the coarse location of your IP address)
• Data from platforms that the games run on; and
• Data for advertising and analytics purposes.
How do we use the data we collect?
Data collected can be personal to you or non-personal, and sometimes data that doesn’t appear to be personal can become personal if certain
other facts are learned. No matter how we come to collect your data, we will always treat it in accordance with this document, and any
What is Personal Information?
‘Personal Information’ is information that identifies you as an individual. This is only collected by us if you submit it to us directly.
If you contact us with a comment or query, We keep a copy of any personal information you provide. This is so that we can respond to your
comments and questions as a part of our commitment to providing you with player support. If you contact us directly for any reason, we also
keep a copy of that correspondence.
When you opt in to join our mailing list for the purpose of receiving our newsletter, we will use that to provide you with direct marketing
communications about upcoming games, features of our websites and other events and promotions related to our products.
You may unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time. All you need to do is unsubscribe from the link in the letter, or let us know in writing
that you want to be removed.
What about Sensitive Information?
Sensitive information includes information about such things as an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a
political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a professional body, criminal records or health information.
We will not attempt to obtain nor record any sensitive information.
Advertisements from third party ad networks may be displayed in our Games from time to time. All reasonable endeavours are used to ensure
that these ad networks comply with all applicable legislation in the provision of their services towards us.
to provide targeted advertisements to you. Some of this may be personal information, and some of it non-personal information. We recommend
The list of our ad networks privacy policies may be found here:
• Unity Ads: https://unity3d.com/legal/privacy-policy
• Google AdMob & AdSense: https://support.google.com/admob/answer/6128543?hl=en
Opting out of targeted advertising:
You can opt-out of interest-based advertising on mobile applications by checking the privacy settings of your Android or iOS device and
selecting “limit ad tracking” (Apple iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android).
Collection of other ‘Non-Personal’ Information
Some non-personal information may be gathered while you use Our games and Our software. Non-personal information is general, non-identifiable
and anonymous information that is gathered for statistical, analytical and research purposes such as the improvement of our games and software
(for example, bug fixes).
log information and general visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the
website, including your IP address, is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate use of our website and to compile
statistical reports on website activity.
• Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Our website and apps may also contain APIs from other third parties. As with Google, We do not control how they interact with you and you
Our third-party partners, and their privacy policies are as follows:
• Unity Analytics: https://unity3d.com/legal/privacy-policy
• Google Analytics: https://policies.google.com/privacy
• Game Analytics: https://gameanalytics.com/privacy
• Facebook Analytics: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy
Request User Data Deletion
When you install and use Ruff Robot mobile applications, we can collect and process some of your data for different legitimate purposes.
You will find below explanations regarding the reasons why we may collect data.
Why is data collected?
Ruff Robot Pty Ltd and its third-party partners collect data:
• To provide you with the services you asked for
• To run analytics and understand how users interact with our product and services to improve them continuously
The third-party partners that Ruff Robot Pty Ltd will share the data with are:
• Facebook Analytics
Data deletion requests
To delete user data collected by Ruff Robot Pty Ltd, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you also want to request the deletion of the data that may have been collected about you or your device by our third-party partners that
are acting as independent data controllers, you will find below the contact for each partner and the link to the relevant section of their
• Facebook Analytics:
Voodoo does not collect any of your personal data and only provides an SDK package to retrieve the data collected by the above-mentioned
partners. You can still contact them to request the deletion of their access to the partners’ interfaces.
Disclosure, and Security of Your Information
We will not sell, trade, rent or disclose any of the personal information you provide to us for any reason, without your prior consent.
Otherwise, your Personal Information will only be disclosed where required or allowable by law.
Your Personal Information is stored offsite in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification
We will always keep this up to date so that you know what information we will collect from you, how we may use it, and when we may
Apple, the Apple logo, MacBook Pro, iMac, iPad and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store
is a service mark of Apple Inc. Google Play is a trademark of Google Inc. Microsoft, Windows, and the Windows logo are registered trademarks of